Monday, May 5, 2014

Day first

So today is the very first day of the rest of my life :) While my friends were starting new workweek, I have starting studying.
Here is my "high-level task board":
There are chapters from "Head First Design Patterns" (moar stickers on another half) and "Android Big Nerd Ranch Guide"

I was planning to complete chapters 1-2 from the second one, but have completed only one. I did not idle, I just starting one more course on Coursera, I want to refresh algorithms. So I spent first half of the day watching lectures and performing quizzes from last week of this course.

And now my first note about programming. Nothing fancy, but remark about code style. Authors of "Android BNR Guide" use prefix "m" for class members:

Button mTrueButton;

From "Clean Code" I know, that this practice means you want to distinguish class members from other variables. But for now, when we have modern IDEs, this is unnecessary. In Eclipse class member is "blue and italic" by default :).

But still, m-prefix is the official Android Naming Convention for Contributors.

For regular folks the best answer is the next comment I found on Stackoverflow:

that prefix does nothing but to mess up the readability ...


No comments:

Post a Comment